Thursday, June 14, 2007

Hey look!! I'm in the news!!

I know it's from over two months ago but hey I'm slow :)

Looklooklook I'm in the news and all!

Sesame Street returns to Israel, PA, after more than decade off the air

The Israeli version of Oscar the Grouch, Moishe Oofnik, seen in a city trash can on Israel's Rechov Sumsum. (Haaretz)
Isn't that a nice picture of me? I look like I'm in very deep thought...

Producers tailored the Middle Eastern casts and story lines to the fit the audiences. "Rehov Sumsum," the Israeli version of the show, for the first time includes a Muppet of Arab origin. Its Palestinian counterpart, "Shara'a Simsim," seeks to offer positive role models to boys in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Hmmmm... What do you think the Palestinian grouch looks like? They don't mention whether the Palestinian counterpart includes a Jewish or Israeli Muppet...



I wonder how many kids actually see this in the territories. Do they see this more than Farfur the Islamist Mickey Mouse? I would like to go see what the "Shara'a Simsim" episodes look like. Are they really promoting coexistence and dialogue and brushing teeth? I'd also like to see some of the new "Rehov Sumsum" episodes for that matter. I'm sure it's not at all like when I was a kid.

Ahhh, everything was better before :)

Here's a little bit of nostalgia... Arik and the Cookie Monster baking a cake...

No comments: